Roblox, Engineering Manager - Web Applications, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As an Engineering Manager for the Web Applications team, you will own the full-stack development and maintenance of the majority of our user-facing web and mobile interfaces. From datastore and API to front-end frameworks and GUIs, your team is responsible for enabling Roblox players quickly and easily find and join their favorite Roblox games. If you are an Engineering Manager who works for your direct reports, and if you are obsessed with building beautiful web applications at massive scale, (1MM+ concurrent users), you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Applications team.
- A natural leader: people naturally want to work by your side, following your vision
- Experienced: having built and run highly effective engineering teams at innovative companies
- Great at hiring: you close candidates others can’t
- Deeply Technical: you have the ability to contribute to architecture and technology decisions as well as contribute to the code hands on
- Battle-tested: you have migrated complex codebases out of ancient monoliths and into modern front-end frameworks supported by segregated microservices.
- Organized and analytical: you have the ability to track numerous separate threads spanning multiple departments to their appropriate resolution
- Build the Roblox Web Applications team by hiring amazing people and creating an efficient and enjoyable
- Work for your team, making sure all individual contributors have everything they need to be happy, successful, and productive in their role
- Collaborate with product, design, and operations to build the best possible product for our users
- Mentor your team, making sure everyone in your diverse team see a path to achieve their ultimate career goals
- Provide visibility and reliability for key stakeholders on our product roadmap and timeline.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.