Roblox, Lead Developer Content Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet in your life. Community is the heart and soul of Roblox. Over 64 million active players engage on our platform every month. How cool is that?
Roblox is not just a game company and not just a social network. We are building the future of play and ever-expanding the universe where anything is possible.
We are democratizing the gaming world by inspiring people to play, socialize, create, and engage on one platform - across all devices - doing what they love.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful.
Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless - literally.
As the Lead Content Engineer you will be a key member of the Information Experience team at Roblox. You will help lead the effort to educate the next generation of game designers and developers using the Roblox platform. You will collaborate with the team to design and support an ambitious content calendar that spans topics including scripting, computer science, animation, and design. You will write for a diverse audience, while being mindful that your largest and most important audience are kids and young adults with big dreams. You will support our developers and game designers by ensuring our API documentation is world-class, and that we have ample content to support game developers in all stages of their learning journey.
- Detail oriented, with strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Creative, and able to distill technical concepts into words and forms accessible to a wide audience
- Obsessed with quality, and always looking to improve the user's journey through the content
- Empathetic, and able to view the world through the eyes of someone with little technical experience
- Self-directed, and able to complete content end to end while working closely with product and engineering
- A strong advocate for developer needs
- Highly collaborative, a big team player
- Lead, design and maintain our technical documentation style guide
- Become a subject matter expert on the Roblox platform
- Collaborate with engineering to understand new product features, and how they can be leveraged by developers
- Analyze data to inform the team's editorial calendar
- Document new APIs and help maintain existing documentation
- Write and edit tutorials and sample code
Nice to Have:
- Experience with the Roblox platform
- Knowledge of gaming industry and trends
- Inclination towards hacking and making mentality
- Experience working with children
- Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks (Nom nom nom.)
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community (No autographs, please.)
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, role-play, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.