Roblox, Lead Software Engineer - Tools, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Lead Tools Software Engineer for the Tools Organization you will define and drive the quality strategy for Roblox's expansive user generated gaming platform. As a member of the Platform Team your scope of work will span multiple platforms and disciplines. The Roblox product covers several core domains: a deep game library, an extensive social graph, an expansive virtual economy, and a growing developer community driving it all. We currently have 1 Million+ concurrent peak players and growing.
You will lead a team of Software Engineers supporting our Platform teams with tools ensuring their productivity and enabling them to deliver quickly and confidently. Partnering with the platform teams, QA and release teams, you will guarantee the quality of our backend systems, mobile and web applications.
- Experienced with 8+ years shipping high complexity code and a track record of delivering impactful tools
- A Leader with experience mentoring and driving more junior engineers
- Passionate about improving processes and productivity
- Proficient with .NET, C# and MS SQL
- Enthusiastic about collaborating with others and driving best practices
- Architect, develop, deploy and maintain development tools
- Mentor and lead less experienced engineers
- Identify process solutions to technical problems
- Contribute to the overall strategy of the organization
- Advocate for best practices and processes to the entire platform team
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.