Roblox, Senior Engineering Director of Developer, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Senior Engineering Director you will lead the organization that creates the entire Roblox development ecosystem. You’ll inspire the team to solve challenging and novel problems of cloud creation. Teams of developers will collaborate in cohesive, diverse teams to build groundbreaking new content. Comprehensive real-time and offline analytics will give developers the information they need to take their games to the next level.
- A leader of broad scope and large, multidisciplinary teams with 10+ years experience running multi-level engineering organizations
- A technical visionary: Proven record of solving novel technical and architectural problems
- A master of balancing: Demonstrated ability to balance requirements from product, team, technology, and a community
- Curious and flexible: You delight in tackling challenges created by the ever-changing user-created games landscape
- Organized: Able to drive multiple parallel complex projects to successful completion
- Platform oriented: Capable of delivering long term value and recognizing short-term solutions for what they are
- Experienced in tools development: Track record of building world class tools, frameworks, and APIs
- Lead and grow an organization of diverse, expert engineering teams owning the Roblox development ecosystem, including our desktop Studio IDE, developer platform APIs, collaborative development systems, and Team Create real time building
- Collaborate with technical architects to drive the platform forward
- Kick off new initiatives such as visual scripting and cloud-centric development technology, establishing new team leaders and building out their teams and missions
- Tightly partner cross-functionally with product and design teams
- Drive metrics for quality and performance, owned by team leaders
- Establish best practices, tools, and process
- Mentor other leaders to complete a world class org
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.