Roblox, Senior Audio Programmer, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
We are looking to increase the immersiveness of games on the Roblox platform. As a Senior Audio Programmer you will make the Roblox soundscape the best it can be. You will build and deliver on a plan to harness the creativity of user-generated games and apply industry-leading algorithms and methods to envelop the player in something that’s amazing, no matter whether the target platform is mobile, desktop, console or VR.
- Experienced in immersive interactive audio: Many years of working with interactive and physically based audio, generally in a gaming environment
- Fluent in signal processing: You understand human hearing modeling, physical modeling, and ad-hoc audio algorithms
- Good at systems level C++ programming: Pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write high-performance code, not your enemies
- Eager to learn: Able to adapt to a dynamic-everything environment where pre-computation isn’t possible
- Self-sufficient: Experienced in working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects that keep working once they’re done
- A leader: Comfortable in defining and championing a plan to improve audio capabilities over time, and marshal others to your cause
- Engine/platform oriented: You might have helped develop a game engine from scratch, or done other similar projects
- Resource minded: You have probably worked in alternate and constrained platforms like consoles or mobile devices
- Develop engine code that generates awesome audio for all user-created games on the Roblox platform
- Select the right balance of human models, physical models, and ad-hoc algorithms to achieve the best outcome for each use case
- Carry the torch for the future of audio in user-generated games
- Optimize audio implementations to conserve battery on mobile phones while being amazingly realistic on high end platforms
- Self-organize and take ownership of project throughout its full lifecycle
- Find out how Roblox is special and how you can harness that to deliver awesome audio environments using industry-leading techniques across all platforms
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.