Full Stack Web Engineer - Platform Web Core (Abuse Detection)
Roblox, Full Stack Web Engineer - Platform Web Core (Abuse Detection), San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Full Stack Web Engineer in abuse detection, you will build systems to identify and block malicious users from taking advantage of our enormous audience. Roblox is a game development and distribution platform, social network, real time communications platform, real time bidding ads platform, ecommerce site, search engine, and cloud services provider all in one. All of these systems need to be protected from unsolicited advertising, scams, griefing, and other undesirable behaviors. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about using data to build efficient systems that operate at scale across all of these domains to keep our users safe. Your high-impact role will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users.
- Experienced, with a development track record and 5+ years shipping high complexity code
- A Leader with experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale
- Data-driven: metrics or it didn’t happen
- Passionate about simple solutions to complex problems
- Interested in machine learning; bonus for having brought a machine learning, natural language processing or other data science project to production
- Well versed in common web application security practices
- Improve the quality of our user experience by eliminating bad actors intent on abusing our platform
- Work with our data science to build systems to detect and act against bot accounts
- Analyze logs and other data to identify bot behavior and create novel solutions to prevent their activity
- Improve our content filter to reduce or eliminate spam messages on the platform
- Help decide the projects and direction of the newly-formed Abuse Detection team
- Keep our users safe by setting standards and implementing security best practices
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.