Roblox, Engineering Manager - Player Experience, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
Roblox's engineering team is growing quickly and we are looking for experienced engineering leaders to help us scale. As an Engineering Manager on the Social Network team, your mission will be to guarantee a fun, engaging, and safe social experience for players of all ages. Roblox is the largest social platform for creating, sharing and interacting with 3D content. You will lead and mentor a team of engineers developing innovative features that allow our members to play, chat and build together, see their friends' activity across the platform, and stay up-to-date on their favorite content.
- A Leader, with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of multidisciplinary engineers
- Experienced, with a technical undergraduate degree and 5+ years of engineering experience with at least 2 years of prior experience as a manager
- Deeply Technical with the ability to contribute to architecture and technology decisions as well as contribute to the code hands on
- Effective at driving projects and growing engineering organizations in fast-paced environments
- Passionate about working on large scale, consumer facing cloud platforms
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads spanning multiple departments to their appropriate resolution
- Build the Roblox Social Networking team by hiring top-notch talent and mentoring engineers in their personal career goals
- Play an instrumental role in the evolution of the Roblox social graph
- Coordinate with product managers, tech leads, and engineers to drive the successful delivery of large scale projects
- Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching products and features
- Define, develop, and implement development best practices and strategies
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.