Roblox, Tools Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Tools Engineer, you’ll play a critical role supporting our engineering teams and evolving our Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment solutions. You are familiar with current build automation tools and comfortable jumping in to extend and upgrade them to suit our specific needs. You’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and growing SRE Tools team.
- Experienced: you have a BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or 5 years of related engineering field experience
- Passionate for all things Continuous: Continuous Integration isn’t the only development practice in your wheelhouse; you also know the difference between Continuous Deployment and Continuous Delivery, and you understand the value of test automation
- Jack-of-all-trades: you are familiar with version control tools Perforce and GitHub, as well as mobile app store signing processes
- Awesome with Atlassian: you have administered Confluence, Jira, and Crowd, advocating for optimal setup
- Coding journeyperson apprentice: you have a solid understanding of languages like Java (or Groovy) and Ruby to support tools like Jenkins and Chef, and able to extend them to improve automated workflow processes. Extra credit for hands-on experience with Go, Python, or Nodejs
- Adaptable: you’re capable of adjusting to shifting challenges and enjoy experimenting with new technologies
- Contributor: you proactively get involved in growing the library of automation tools that will ultimately deliver infrastructure as a service to our application teams
- Provide support to internal engineering departments for existing suite of tools
- Monitor and administer the build and continuous integration process to ensure correct build execution and facilitate resolution of build failures
- Develop and maintain documentation of the build/release process
- Own and administer the internally hosted suite of Atlassian tools
- Upgrade and maintain deployment mechanisms by establishing tools and processes to improve and automate the development workflow
- Collaborate with Engineering, QA, and Release teams to perform builds, tests, and deployments to multiple environments
- Evangelize the benefits of CI and help teams achieve more rapid iteration with fewer bugs
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.