Roblox, Curriculum Developer, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Roblox Curriculum Developer you will be creating content designed to empower a new generation of software engineers, game designers, and entrepreneurs. You will utilize your knowledge of modern education and coding best practices to create an open source repository of tutorials and classroom materials. Targeted specifically at students ages 10-12, these materials will guide educators in providing their students with valuable STEM skills. Your content will be designed for a wide variety of educational programs including summer programs, school classrooms, weekend workshops, and after school coding clubs. The content must be adaptable for a variety of teaching styles, classroom environments, and student needs.
- Meticulously detail oriented, with strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Steeped in modern pedagogy with an understanding of how classrooms differ across program types and age groups
- A language connoisseur, you understand the importance of word choice and can blend technical writing with plain English
- Highly creative, with an affinity for working and fostering creativity with younger students
- A subject matter expert in teaching coding and working with middle-school aged students
- Address the needs of educators in classrooms, after-school programs, coding clubs and STEM camps
- Create flexible lesson planning materials, handouts, and guides
- Design tutorials and activities teaching coding, game design, and entrepreneurship aimed at ages 10 - 12 centered around our game engine, Roblox Studio
- Communicate blockers and pain points being reported in the educator communities
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.