Roblox, Director, Data Science, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
We are looking for a Director of Data Science & Analytics who will work closely with the product leaders to define KPIs, apply machine learning to complex big data problems and help drive data driven product development across the company. On a day to day basis you will lead a team of really smart data analysts and data scientists to automate all data intelligence reports, help run dozens AB tests and do machine learning analysis on user behavior. The successful candidate will have a great ‘sense of smell’ and turn data into information, information into insight and insight into actionable business decisions. This role requires a thorough understanding of latest analytics techniques, social networks and machine learning algorithms in combination with a extensive knowledge of industry standard tools, languages and statistics.
You are :
- A leader with 10+ years experience doing data science & analytics
- Learned with a Master's degree in Statistics/Machine Learning or relevant degree, with Phds preferred
- Hands-on experience handling platform data with heavy social interactions
- Industry Expert in statistical tests, linear regression and other machine learning techniques
- Extensive experience modelling data to define user behavior at various levels
- Technical with thorough knowledge of SQL, R and Python experience
- Lead a team of data analysts and scientists to enable world class data driven product design
- Work with product leaders to define KPIs for all parts of the product and help drive data-driven product development across all product teams
- Drive the data teams throughput by being the knowledge expert in both techniques used and quality of results produced
- Use pig or hive or mapreduce to retrieve data from key value data stores to create reports
- Lead automation relevant business intelligence reports and dashboards that provide actionable information to the product and business team
- Do statistical AB testing as per the business plan working with the product managers and be able to identify success and failure based on different chosen cohorts
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.