Roblox, Big Data Intern (May-September), San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Big Data Intern for Summer, you’ll play a critical role in scaling our infrastructure at a time of incredible growth and shape the future of the Imagination Platform™. You'll have boundless opportunities to devise and build cutting-edge, innovative content search and discovery solutions that impact Roblox's global audience. If you know what it takes to build and operate that can sustain over one million concurrent players year-round and you take play as seriously as we do, you’ll fit right into our talented and ever-expanding engineering team.
- Working with big data frameworks such as map/reduce, spark and associated tools (hive, pig, sqoop, etc)
- Effective with demonstrated skills working with noSQL stores, columnar data stores and relational data stores
- Proficient with modern cloud computing platforms such as AWS and GCP, micro services architectures, lambda architectures, real-time data processing etc.
- Passionate about processing big data sets and leveraging Machine Learning, AI to deliver insights
- Help build next-generation search and discovery for games, immersive worlds and other user-generated content like models
- Harvest billions of events to gain operational and business insight into the performance and optimization of the Roblox platform
- Build complex production-quality algorithms and data pipelines that mine large data sets
- Work closely with product, engineering and business leads in generating dashboards, reports and summary data that automatically feed into platform behavior
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.