Roblox, Studio Intern (May - September), San Mateo, CA
Be part of an amazing team that’s building the world’s largest social platform for play. Every month, over 56 million players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends.
We are looking for Interns to be a part of the Studio Team in Summer. A successful candidate is an intelligent and creative individual who has a strong desire to learn new technologies and practices, work for a fast growing Silicon Valley high tech company. It is a chance to join the chefs in the kitchen and help with your own vision and recipes!
You will be matched with and mentored by senior software engineers from our knowledgeable and veteran engineering staff. Be expected to work as an essential member of the Studio Team, participate in brainstorming, implement features, resolve bugs.
- Working towards a BS or MS in Computer Science, Applied Math, Game Development or similar
- Smart, with a strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experienced with C++
- Well-rounded with a history of academic and/or professional excellence
- Passionate about user facing software development
- A gamer, game demos and/or portfolio a plus
- Become familiar with QT framework structures and development principles
- Master C++ coding skills
- Implement enhancements and new features for Roblox Studio product
- Develop and maintain User interface elements that are seen by thousands of Studio users
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 56 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.