Roblox, Director, UX, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
We are looking for a UX Director who will help us define and create next generation user experience for Roblox products that span across phones, tablets, desktops and consoles. Working closely with the Product, Design and Engineering teams, the successful candidate will apply expert design skills to user flows, usability and interactions to define the next generation of the Roblox mobile product. The role requires a thorough understanding of interaction design principles and best practices found commonly in mobile applications and complex creative software like CAD or 3D applications and menus.
- A UX Guru with 10+ years experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role
- User Focused with hands-on experience designing a platform experience for millions of users
- Highly Experienced with a proven track record of leading core design vision of world-class products and brands in the mobile ecosystem
- Passionately Creative with a solid familiarity with desktop UI and 3D applications and workflows such as CAD, Maya, Max etc. a plus
- Strong Eye for Design and have proficiency with contemporary prototyping and graphical design tools
- Hands on - Practical experience with user research methodologies, persona formation, usability testing
- Agile with ability to multi-task with outstanding communication (written and verbal), presentation, documentation, and interpersonal skills with an eye towards detail
- You have a Bachelor's degree in relevant field is required; degree in Interaction Design, Human computer interaction, User Experience, Ergonomics or related field is a plus
- Work closely with the existing team and the visionaries to define, develop, and document the core design use cases and stylistic vision of the product
- Develop detailed wireframes, user flows, mockups, and other product deliverables to effectively communicate designs and product requirements
- Work with cross-functional teams (product management, customer service, marketing, merchandising, engineering, QA, etc.) on a variety of different products
- Work seamlessly with the marketing design department to develop and maintain site branding
- Unify user experience across all Roblox products
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.