Roblox, Web Intern (May - September), San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
- Pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experienced in web development in a professional environment (0-2 years)
- Experienced with at least one objected oriented programming language - C#, C++, Java
- Experienced with relational databases
- Passionate about games, community driven content generation, and social networking
- Interested in working on large scale distributed application development
- Willing to work full-time and onsite
- Own features from idea to live-on-site - every engineer is a product manager
- Develop the entire stack - front-end, business tier, schema, caching...
- Tackle complex problems in usability, scalability, and distributed systems
- Work on project space including gaming, user-generated content, social networking, mobile, monetization, search & discovery, and immersive advertising
- Work in a collaborative, fast-paced agile environment, and ship code every day
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.