Roblox, Web Intern (May - September), San Mateo, CA
Be part of an amazing team that’s building the world’s largest social platform for play. Every month, over 62 million players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends.
- Pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experienced in web development in a professional environment (0-2 years)
- Experienced with at least one objected oriented programming language - C#, C++, Java
- Experienced with relational databases
- Passionate about games, community driven content generation, and social networking
- Interested in working on large scale distributed application development
- Own features from idea to live-on-site - every engineer is a product manager
- Develop the entire stack - front-end, business tier, schema, caching...
- Tackle complex problems in usability, scalability, and distributed systems
- Work on project space including gaming, user-generated content, social networking, mobile, monetization, search & discovery, and immersive advertising
- Work in a collaborative, fast-paced agile environment, and ship code every day
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 62 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.