Roblox, Product Manager Intern (January - May), San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
Roblox is looking for a Product Manager Intern in Spring. You will work with a small, focused team that engages with every aspect of Roblox - Web, Mobile, Desktop, and Platform. As a Roblox Product Manager Intern, you’ll be the bridge between Engineering, Analytics, Marketing and Design. We're a data-driven company, and you'll be responsible for developing, running and analyzing the results of experiments for new and existing features. You will have the unique opportunity to understand social interactions within a user-generated gaming space, as well as gain invaluable analytical insight and mentorship from our senior product managers.
- Working towards a degree in CS or similar
- Keen for design and user retention: understanding why a feature works or doesn’t work
- Highly apt in social networks, and interactions with friends in a game setting
- A strong communicator with the ability to present your logic with clarity and confidence
- Able to thrive in a fast-pace work environment: work with new content every day, analyze data that constantly helps to refine and improve our product
- Interested in gaming!
- Willing to work full-time and onsite
- Work on Customer development: discover and define the right customers, problems, and products we should be pursuing
- Ensure our existing gamers are having fun while our game developers are able to build successful games
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, customer behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and embrace critical feedback
- Develop strategy and backlog for products ranging from mobile apps to big data backed features
- Identify/gather product requirements and develop user stories for backlog initiatives
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.