Roblox, Product Manager Intern (January - May), San Mateo, CA
Be part of an amazing team that’s building the world’s largest social platform for play. Every month, over 62 million players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends.
Roblox is looking for a Product Manager Intern in Spring. You will work with a small, focused team that engages with every aspect of Roblox - Web, Mobile, Desktop, and Platform. As a Roblox Product Manager Intern, you’ll be the bridge between Engineering, Analytics, Marketing and Design. We're a data-driven company, and you'll be responsible for developing, running and analyzing the results of experiments for new and existing features. You will have the unique opportunity to understand social interactions within a user-generated gaming space, as well as gain invaluable analytical insight and mentorship from our senior product managers.
- Working towards a degree in CS or similar
- Keen for design and user retention: understanding why a feature works or doesn’t work
- Highly apt in social networks, and interactions with friends in a game setting
- A strong communicator with the ability to present your logic with clarity and confidence
- Able to thrive in a fast-pace work environment: work with new content every day, analyze data that constantly helps to refine and improve our product
- Interested in gaming!
- Work on Customer development: discover and define the right customers, problems, and products we should be pursuing
- Ensure our existing gamers are having fun while our game developers are able to build successful games
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, customer behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and embrace critical feedback
- Develop strategy and backlog for products ranging from mobile apps to big data backed features
- Identify/gather product requirements and develop user stories for backlog initiatives
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 62 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.