Roblox, Director of Information Experience, San Mateo, CA
Be part of an amazing team that’s building the world’s largest social platform for play. Every month, over 62 million players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends.
As the Director of Information Experience at Roblox you will be leading a team responsible for self-serve content for our developer portal as well as formal curriculum built using Roblox as a STEM education platform. The ideal candidate is a seasoned leader who thinks about content strategically and experientially. You will work with your team to not only define the content but the experience of new through advanced developers - whether they are coming to the developer portal or experiencing an education program using our curriculum. You'll collaborate with product and engineering to deliver ongoing, technical content for our Roblox platform and tools.
- A Leader, with a proven track record of managing large scale programs
- Experienced, with 5 year’s management experience, you have the patience of a saint and the ability to nurture a younger developer community.
- A Mentor, who enjoys leading and coaching your team
- Passionate, and have hands-on experience creating technical content for developers as well as programming experience. You understand the developer lifecycle and can build sample code against API’s
Extra Points: previous Education experience as well as experience working with a young audience ages 13-21
- Lead an organization of content engineers and curriculum developers
- Drive the strategy and plan for developer content - both self serve in our developer portal as well as in formal education environments
- Work closely with product and engineering and ensure we plan appropriately for upcoming features and tools
- Work with community leaders and education organizations in driving adoption of our curriculum
- Lead the design and information architecture of our self serve content on the developer portal
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar, and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 62 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.