Roblox, Product Manager - Player Experience, San Mateo, CA
Be part of an amazing team that’s building the world’s largest social platform for play. Every month, over 62 million players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends.
As a Product Manager - Player Experience, you will set the goals and drive the vision for a team of developers who help shape the gameplay experience across all of our games. The Player Experience team will focus on gameplay, presentation, controls, cameras and UI tools that make it easier for our developers to create high quality game content that automatically works on every device we support, including PC’s, phones, tablets, consoles and VR headsets.
- A product leader who drives the ideation, specifications, prioritization, technical development and launch of innovative product features
- Experienced and knowledgeable, with 4+ years of product management or software production experience and a Bachelor's degree at minimum; experience with kids software a plus
- Design oriented, with a feel for intuitive and fun gameplay, and prior experience authoring design specs and UI wireframes
- Comfortable developing for many devices, including a strong grasp of best practices for mobile, tablets, PC’s and consoles
- Relentless in the pursuit of quality and comfortable iterating until that high bar is reached
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and the ability to work across teams and departments
- Data driven with a strong grasp of methods to track the performance and impact of the features you are developing including A/B tests and usability testing
- An inspiration to the people around you as you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment with competing resources and priorities
- Consistently drive product development to deliver on the quality, vision and goals
- Discover and define the improvements, problems and solutions we should be pursuing
- Direct the team through the product backlog and author stories with clear definitions
- Work hands-on with designers and engineers to design and implement features from the ground up, that meet our high standards of fun, intuition, quality and presentation
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and feature performance, drive their improvement over time and communicate their status
- Champion and demonstrate new features and improvements to key stakeholders and teams across the company
- Help develop a long term strategy and roadmap for the team and product
- Proactively support the needs of the Roblox player and developer community
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar, and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 62 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.