Roblox, Product Manager - Studio, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
Each month, independent developers use Robox Studio to build, script, and test millions of unique items, games, and experiences. As Product Manager for Studio, your mission is to research, validate, specify and manage the tools and features that empower Roblox developers to build amazing games and increase the accessibility of our platform. This role is key to growing the Roblox community of developers so that they can deliver the best 3D immersive and game experiences to customers all over the world.
This position has a Technical Product Management focus and reports to the Product Director for Studio and Developer Services, working hand in hand with the Roblox engineering team.
- Engineering, gaming or media technology background: BS or MS and/or extensive experience working in a game development or 3D digital media environment
- Experienced: 3+ years of Technical Product Management responsibility in a relevant software team.
- A 3D Champion: experience with other 3D authoring and game solutions such as Unity, Unreal, Maya, 3D Studio, Blender etc.
- An Advocate: The ability to understand the needs of young and entry level users seeking to create 3D worlds
- An Overarching View: The capacity to see beyond the veneer of the GUI to address the product, the platform, the implementation details, and the dataset
- Metrics-Oriented: Experience vetting product-ideas through various testing methods (e.g. A/B testing and usability testing) and analytics
- An Excellent Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey ideas through detailed specifications and/or wireframes
- Adaptable: Experience working in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product lifecycle from planning, development, through to launch
- Strategic: Must be able to see the big picture coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude and an ability to contribute to product design, execution, and all things go-to-market
- A self-starter: A high degree of self direction and independent initiative
- Research, validate, specify, and manage the development of innovative features and enhancements that enable Roblox top developers make amazing games
- Facilitate the development of new 3D authoring tools and UX experiences that unlock the creativity of entry-level and casual developers
- Proactively support the needs of the community of existing Studio users by triaging feature requests and providing the functionality they need
- Communicate Studio needs and product concepts to other internal Roblox stakeholders, engineers, designers, and product team members
- Be incredibly truth-seeking and collect all data necessary to inform product direction whether in the form of competitive intelligence, customer behavior, or other market metrics
- Work with the Product Director on the long-term Studio roadmap
- Continuously monitor industry and technical trends to inform product strategy
- Advocate for Studio in the Roblox Developer community
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.