Roblox, Data Analyst Intern (May-September), San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million active players come together on Roblox to imagine, create, and play in immersive 3D worlds. Roblox allows anyone to build the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
Roblox is looking for a Data Analyst Intern in Summer who will work closely with the product team to define KPIs, create reports and dashboards. On a day to day basis you will use the proprietary data pipeline that we use in house to automate all data intelligence reports and help AB test different parts of the product. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into actionable business decisions. This role requires a thorough understanding of latest analytics techniques and algorithms in combination with a extensive knowledge of industry standard tools, languages and statistics.
- Working towards a degree in Statistics or similar
- Passionate about use knowledge in data science, machine learning to deliver insights
- Highly proficient in SQL, Python/R, Linux
- Able to thrive in a fast-pace work environment: provide insights from data that constantly helps to improve our product
- Interested in gaming!
- Willing to work full-time and onsite
- Work with product managers to define KPIs for different parts of the product
- Use SQL on a daily basis to gather information from relational databases
- Use spark/pig/hive or mapreduce to retrieve data from key value data stores to create reports
- Automate relevant business intelligence reports and dashboards that provide actionable information to the product and business team
- Do statistical AB testing as per the business plan working with the product managers and be able to identify success and failure based on different chosen cohorts.
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.