Roblox, Big Data Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Be part of an amazing team that’s building the world’s largest social platform for play. Every month, over 62 million players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends.
As a Big Data Engineer, you’ll play a critical role in scaling our infrastructure at a time of incredible growth and shape the future of the Imagination Platform™. You'll have boundless opportunities to devise and build cutting-edge, innovative content search and discovery solutions that impact Roblox's global audience. If you know what it takes to build and operate that can sustain over one million concurrent players year-round and you take play as seriously as we do, you’ll fit right into our talented and ever-expanding engineering team.
- Experienced, with over 3+ years Java and a strong foundation in algorithms and data structures
- A Leader with experience working with big data frameworks such as map/reduce, spark and associated tools (hive, pig, sqoop, etc)
- Effective with demonstrated skills working with noSQL stores, columnar data stores and relational data stores
- Proficient with modern cloud computing platforms such as AWS and GCP, micro services architectures, lambda architectures, real-time data processing etc.
- Passionate about processing big data sets and leveraging Machine Learning, AI to deliver insights
- Help lead next generation search and discovery for games, immersive worlds and other user-generated content like models
- Harvest billions of events to gain operational and business insight into the performance and optimization of the Roblox platform
- Build complex production-quality algorithms and data pipelines that mine large data sets
- Work closely with product, engineering and business leads in generating dashboards, reports and summary data that automatically feed into platform behaviour
- Build and maintain the infrastructure collect and transform raw data across the Roblox stack
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar, and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 56 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.