Roblox, Network Reliability Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with some of the most passionate, visionary, and innovative people in the industry. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
About the Role
As a member of Roblox’s Network Engineering team, the Network Reliability Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining tools that proactively drive the stability of Roblox’s connectivity and global network infrastructure. In this role, you will execute network changes efficiently and accurately; develop and maintain tools to run network production smoothly; drive innovative solutions to optimize, and automate and scale Roblox’s rapidly growing global network. This role will benefit from close collaboration with other engineering teams.
Interested about Networks, Automation and Devops? Then this position is right for you! Building on the experience of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Roblox is building a team of Network Reliability Engineering to apply the devops principles to the Network.
Since this role is new in our industry we don’t expect you to know everything on day one. Whether you are a Network Engineer interested in developing your automation and software development skills; or you come from a software developer background but would like to get more involved in networking, your passion for networks automation and your motivation to learn and growth are most essential to us.
- Experienced: you have a BA/BS degree in a relevant engineering field or equivalent practical experience with at least 5 years of hands on experience
- Enjoy building, deploying, and operating distributed services and monitoring for production networks
- Not afraid of Linux systems and shells, daemons, and processes.
- Versatile: you’re a jack of all trades, master of several; you can easily adapt to any situation when the need arises.
- Passionate about Network and Automation
- Keep the AS22697 production network running with an emphasis on scalable automation and telemetry
- Build software and systems to manage and monitor the network (i.e. common languages are Python and Go)
- Develop and manage tools to improve efficacy in network operations
- Work cross-functionally with serving, engineering, and development teams to maintain a highly available, highly performant infrastructure
- Participate in periodic on-call rotation
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.