Roblox, Engineering Director - Trust and Safety, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As the Engineering Director for Trust and Safety, you will run teams charged with ensuring that Roblox remains a safe place for kids of all ages to create, socialize, and play. You will oversee teams responsible for building features governing safety and parental oversight, compliance with COPPA, GDPR and other laws as we expand internationally, development of text and other content filter technologies, and customer service and moderation tools.
- An experienced technical manager - you have 5+ years experience running engineering teams, preferably multiple engineering teams simultaneously. You have a proven track record running successful teams.
- Passionate about building tools for keeping kids safe online
- An experienced coder - you have experience with a compiled language such as C/C++, Java, C#, etc and have spent time working as a developer.
- Technical - You can fully engage with the engineers responsible for writing code and have their respect. You help define the technical vision and roadmap for the codebase.
- Experienced with web technologies - you have worked with backend and frontend web technologies
- Educated - You have a bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with 10+ years of hands-on engineering of large scale systems.
- Drive the teams responsible for legal compliance around the world for kid safety and data access
- Drive development of features enabling parents to oversee their childrens’ usage of the Roblox platform
- Oversee development of next generation content filtering technologies, that proactively identify profanity, inappropriate media, bullying, grooming, and other bad behavior
- Build and maintain customer service and moderation tools.
- Work closely with other stakeholders in the company around child safety issues
- Track and improve metrics around performance and stability of the backend infrastructure pertaining to the features you own
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to devise technical and product roadmaps
- Mentor engineers and help them succeed and grow their careers
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.