Roblox, Senior Engineering Manager - Social Player Experience, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
Roblox's engineering team is growing quickly and we are looking for experienced engineering leaders to help us scale. As a Senior Engineering Manager on the Social Player Experience team, your mission will be to guarantee a fun, engaging, and safe social experience for players of all ages. Roblox is the largest social platform for creating, sharing and interacting with 3D content. You will lead and mentor a team of engineers developing innovative features that allow our members to play, chat and build together, see their friends' activity across the platform, and stay up-to-date on their favorite content.
- A Leader, with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of multidisciplinary engineers
- Experienced, with a technical undergraduate degree and 5+ years of engineering experience with at least 2 years of prior experience as a manager
- Deeply Technical with the ability to contribute to architecture and technology decisions as well as contribute to the code hands-on
- Effective at driving projects and growing engineering organizations in fast-paced environments
- Passionate about working on large scale, consumer facing cloud platforms
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads spanning multiple departments to their appropriate resolution
- Build the Roblox Social Player Experience team by hiring top-notch talent and mentoring engineers in their personal career goals
- Play an instrumental role in the evolution of the Roblox social graph
- Coordinate with product managers, tech leads, and engineers to drive the successful delivery of large-scale projects
- Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching products and features
- Define, develop, and implement development best practices and strategies
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.