Roblox, Senior Animator, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Senior Animator, you’ll be working with a team of talented artists, animators and engineers to produce compelling animations and developing new avenues for the next wave of animations. As part of the team, you’d also be involved in the continued growth of our world class Imagination Platform, and our ever evolving and improving avatar. If you are experienced and passionate about animation and its impact on players experience and connection to their avatar, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Avatar team.
- An animation expert: you have a BFA or equivalent and 3-5 years of experience in an animation role; preferably with an emphasis on gaming.
- An experienced artist: Proficient with animating within Maya and familiar with industry standards animation in games.
- Leader: Capable of providing guidance to contractors also involved in animations along with mocap studios.
- Creative: Effective at communicating actions, emotions and important gameplay feedback in a clean animation style.
- Versatile: Always striving to seek out new avenues and processes for producing quality animations for our powerful Imagination Platform.
- Produce compelling animations that our millions of users will use with an ever expanding library of avatars and games.
- Investigate and develop animations through various methods, including mocap
- Collaborate and provide guidance to contractors and mocap studios to produce a wide range of engaging animations.
- Help with developing our evolving animation systems and pipeline improvements
- Work with the rest of the highly skilled avatar team to help define the relationship between users and their avatars.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.