Roblox, Software Engineer - Tools, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Tools Software Engineer in the Development Services organization, you will help contribute - by designing and implementation of a tool(s) strategy for Roblox’s expansive social platform for play. In supporting teams of developers, your scope of work will span a multitude of systems and disciplines, including Continuous Integration, Test Automation, mobile apps, websites, and backend web services.
If you’re eager to support a large-scale, consumer-facing web applications that handles over 1,400,000 concurrent players at peak times, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly-growing engineering team.
- Experienced: 4+ years of development experience, must have proven experience owning application development from "cradle to grave" and developing tools (Build, Testing, Debug, Automation) and solutions. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Design and build advanced automated build, test and release infrastructure.
- Experience in at least one of the following: test automation, refactoring code, test-driven development, build infrastructure, optimizing software, debugging, building tools and testing frameworks.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- A natural leader: your “get stuff done” philosophy inspires and invigorates the team around you; you have a proven track record of mentoring junior engineers and influencing people and teams around you.
- Relentless: you are proactive, progressive, and performance-driven; you are unstoppable in the pursuit of quality, with direct experience implementing strategies, identifying priorities, collecting requirements and translating them into action.
- Passionate: like us, you take play seriously; you’re enthusiastic about making the life of the people around you easier; you laugh in the face of danger, meeting daunting challenges head-on with unwavering confidence.
- A team player: you have an unshakeable drive to succeed; you possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to see great ideas through to the end.
- Metrics driven: you are proficient in quality metrics and monitoring.
- Implement quality best practices and test strategies. Automate Build, Deploy Test and Release cycles.
- Improve the overall QA process by identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements.
- Partner with other teams to increase the productivity of engineers.
- Act as an advocate for quality throughout the department.
- Drive Issue discovery, isolation, reporting, and resolution.
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.