Roblox, Senior Modeling Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Senior Modeling Engineer, you will make the Roblox user-generated levels, characters, props, and other geometry the best it can be. You will build and deliver on a plan to apply industry-leading algorithms and methods to create the tools that let developers build something that’s amazing, no matter whether the target platform is mobile, desktop, console or VR.
- Experienced in interactive modeling: Many years of working with geometry for interactive environments, perhaps in a gaming environment
- Fluent in 3D mathematics: You understand geometry representation, mesh parameterization, linear algebra, and the other tools of the trade
- Good at C++ programming: Pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write high-performance code, not your enemies
- Eager to learn: Able to adapt to a dynamic-everything environment where pre-computation isn’t always possible
- Self-sufficient: Experienced in working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects that keep working once they’re done
- A leader: Comfortable in defining and championing a plan to improve modeling capabilities over time, and marshal others to your cause
- Engine/platform oriented: You might have helped develop a game engine from scratch, or done other similar projects
- Resource minded: You have probably worked in alternate and constrained platforms like consoles or mobile devices
- Develop engine code that helps developer build awesome meshes for all user-created games on the Roblox platform
- Select the right balance of models and algorithms to achieve the best outcome for each use case
- Carry the torch for the future of interactive modeling in user-generated games
- Optimize geometry implementations to conserve battery on mobile phones while being amazingly realistic on high end platforms
- Self-organize and take ownership of a project throughout its full lifecycle
- Find out how Roblox is special and how you can harness that to deliver awesome environments using industry-leading techniques across all platforms
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.