Roblox, Game Client Security Engineering Manager, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s Imagination Platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, enabling kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Powered by a global community of millions of developers and creators, Roblox allows anyone to build, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable.
comScore ranks Roblox as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18 based on average monthly visits and time spent. In addition, Roblox has been named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies on the Inc. 5000 for the past two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As our Game Client Security Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of top-notch engineers from the front, as we make the Roblox game client an industry leader for dynamic content. You will harness the creativity of user-generated games and apply industry-leading algorithms and methods to classify bad actors, thwart hackers, and prevent exploiters, no matter whether the target platform is mobile, desktop, console or VR.
- A strong coach: Several years of management experience with an empathetic ear and ability to identify and solve small problems before they become big problems
- A security engineer: Deep experience in analyzing C++ and scripting code for security, debugging hacks from the wild, and deploying exploit countermeasures
- A master of balancing: Demonstrated ability to balance requirements from product, hardware, team, technology, and game creators
- Curious and flexible: You delight in tackling challenges created by the ever-changing user-created games landscape
- Organized: Able to drive multiple parallel complex projects to successful completion
- Platform oriented: Capable of delivering long-term value and recognizing short-term solutions for what they are
- Experienced in desktop platforms: Windows and MacOS are our main surface area; mobile and console experience is a plus
- Lead a team of talented client security engineers in the charge to keep the Roblox client something that developers and users trust
- Collaborate with technical architects to define the right steps to best move the platform forward
- Get to know the team, and effectively assign tasks and grow team members according to the strengths of each contributor
- Translate needs from the Roblox business into an implementation roadmap for client security, and clearly report on progress and deliveries
- Write your own code in addition to helping others do the same
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.