Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
The Developer Relations team is searching for an experienced game developer to join the Development Solutions group.
As an expert on Roblox development, or an individual with the drive and aptitude to master the platform quickly, you will become an authority on building and deploying experiences in the Roblox ecosystem. You will leverage this expertise to provide in-depth consulting and support to developers getting to grips with the platform as they create the next generation of Roblox experiences.
- Resolve developers’ technical queries and provide expert guidance on Roblox development
- Work directly with third party developers to understand their challenges and map them to targeted support packages
- Provide in-depth technical consulting and support to development teams including but not limited to project audits, architecture consulting and code assistance
- Identify opportunities to leverage reference projects and systems to support developers at scale, and design, build and document these projects in Roblox Studio
- Work alongside in house technical writers to highlight necessary improvements to Roblox’s documentation and onboarding resources
- Consult with internal product and engineering teams to identify roadblocks and technical challenges developers onboarding to the platform face
- Be based in our San Mateo headquarters, reporting to the Development Solutions team lead
- 5+ years experience with Roblox Studio or another major game development engine such as Unity or Unreal
- A strong track record driving programming efforts for complex and ambitious projects
- Extensive experience leveraging Lua/Luau, C# or C++ to write elegant code that conforms with best development practices
- Strong communications skills and confidence translating your expertise into focused technical advice for diverse audiences including developers, designers and product managers
- A strong understanding of the Roblox ecosystem with a drive to become an expert on the unique challenges and opportunities of development on the platform
- A history of active participation in developer or open source communities
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar