Procurement Specialist - Software and Tools
San Mateo, CA
Production Engineering Jobs All Jobs
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
This position will be based out of Roblox HQ in San Mateo. The Roblox Sourcing and Procurement team is hiring a Procurement Specialist to support the growth of the company focusing on Software Licensing and Tool related needs.
As a Procurement Specialist you will lead the contract and pricing negotiation of software and tools across Roblox. In addition, you will work with cross-functional teams to ramp efficiently. You will demonstrate domain expertise in software licensing modeling and contract negotiations.
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent job experience
- A minimum of 3 years of Software Sourcing & Procurement related experience.
- Conceptual knowledge of software licensing models
- Software and Tools procurement experience
- Experience working with SaaS providers
- Working knowledge of asset management principles and concepts applicable to software asset administration
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Google sheets or other data analysis tools used to coordinate and combine large data sets into actionable results
- Experience working with vendors such as Github, Saucelabs, JetBrains, Atlassian, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive negotiation experience
- Assist stakeholders with vendor selection process and articulating business justification
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret spend and cost data, including understanding of Total Cost of Ownership
- Identify supplier capabilities and ensure supply base can support Roblox growth
- Work collaboratively across Roblox and particularly with People & Systems and Platform teams;
- Utilizes Software Asset Management tools and methodologies to maintain the accuracy and automation of reporting and asset tracking
- Work closely with stakeholder teams to forecast the software needs for our rapidly growing company
- Showcase your strong contracting experience and understanding of business risks and address them on legal documents with potential suppliers.
- Work with our Legal team to manage the review and approval of Master Service Agreements, Terms of Service, NDAs, and End User License Agreements with our vendors prior to business being initiated.
- Drive price and term negotiations processes to ensure that Roblox’s pricing is best in class and with risks mitigated on contract
- Drive continual cost reduction and avoidance initiatives through ad hoc price negotiations
- Participate in essential activities include generating Purchase Requisitions for software requests and annual maintenance/support renewals and assisting in annual budgetary validations and trending.
- Monitor software maintenance renewal requirements while coordinating with software owners on operational requirements
- Interpret software license agreements and identify rules, obligations, and product metrics to ensure compliance with all software licenses agreements and software usages
- Lead and manage RFx (e.g. Request for Proposal, Request for Information, Request for Quote) process, including project management, development of RFx, negotiations and award process.
- Identify data inaccuracies preventing smooth workflow and implement scalable solutions
- Build documentation and quick reference guides around Sourcing and Procurement
What you’ll need to succeed at Roblox:
- Be a self starter who requires minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work well under pressure; manage tight deadlines and situations where conflicting priorities arise
- Deep understanding of vendor landscape, and vendor’s profitability levers, operating model, and account management practices
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and in a role that requires influencing across different levels in the organization (internal and vendors)
What will make your application stand out:
- Software contract analysis and negotiations experience
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar