Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a TPM for TurnUp, you will make a huge impact by driving our engineering efforts to bring our platform to users around the globe. Specifically, you will build cross-functional technical programs to define and automate the turn up of our backend services in all environments around the world. You will set the strategic direction of how we approach this problem, and bring great experiences to our users and engineers. This is a unique opportunity to be an early member of our team and help define what a great TPM can be. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in San Mateo.
- A technical leader with domain expertise in system and/or software engineering
- 8+ years of experiences in driving the build of large scale backend systems, experiences working on multiple stacks a plus
- Experienced with establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams
- Experienced with identifying critical technical problems and opportunities
- Data driven strategic thinker who is capable of conveying ideas through detailed specs
- Experienced with delivering end to end technical programs through effective roadmapping and reliable execution
- Able to turn specific solutions into systems that benefit larger community in the long run
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced environment with competing resources and priorities
- Knowledgeable about user needs, scoping, planning, execution and delivery
- An outstanding communicator both technical and program
- A self starter with high degree of self direction and independent drive
- Flexible around process, using process as a tool when it makes sense for a team
- Manage TurnUp programs end-to-end with cross functional teams, build strong alignment between program objectives and company’s long-term vision
- Define problem space, collect user requirements, set key metrics and results, and collaborate with teams to plan and ship shared objectives
- Drive the turnup of backend services in all environments around the world
- Partner with engineering teams to improve how we provision servers so they go live to serve users rapidly
- Build the task force to automate manual efforts
- Effectively manage dependencies and risks across teams and components
- Proactively communicate program status and risks with key stakeholders
- Enable engineering teams to stay focused on priorities and reliably manage all project phases
- Identify critical engineering gaps and develop plan for improvements
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar