Senior C++ Cloud Application Engineer - Studio, Collaborative Tools
San Mateo, CA
Engineering Jobs All Jobs
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Sr Software Engineer, you will be a major key contributor to the evolution of Roblox Studio. Roblox Studio is a World-class IDE that facilitates instant synchronization between game developers, enables multi-party script editing, and manages a cloud-based repository.
You will be responsible for working within a small full-stack team to deliver complex features focusing on the sharing of content to enable our game developers to build once and use everywhere! Our team’s mission is to dramatically improve the productivity of our developers.
- Experienced, 5+ years in developing and deploying complex software with an intuitive user experience and a solid backend behind it, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a similar technical field
- Interested in being a hands on engineer that delivers concrete features to our devs to help them bring their vision to life
- Proven track record of project management, technical leadership and consistent feature delivery.
- Expert in component-based front-end libraries and frameworks with a commanding grasp of what it takes to build performant user flows
- Hands-on with C++ and Boost libraries, multithreading and networking.
- Experience with QT/QML for desktop applications is a plus.
- Experience with React/Redux and Lua is a plus.
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Plan and deliver complex technical features E2E in our game engine and in the Studio UI that will allow developers to grow in our community
- Establish the foundational architecture and technical direction that will enable Studio to keep expanding its capabilities
- Work cross functionally, across teams and technology platforms to deliver high quality and amazing user functionality
- Lead by example and mentor junior engineers to implement technological best practices, patterns, and strategies
- Improve the product quality by fostering automation testing
- Participate in building the world's best professional application for massively multiplayer game development
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar