Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
InfoSec has critical responsibilities at Roblox: Engineering and designing secure systems from inception to operationalization; establishing policies and processes that will be followed; training peer engineering teams in secure methods; making security risks visible and actionable company-wide. The Security Software Engineer role will have a critical job in driving consistency and excellence in our automation. You’ll work closely with InfoSec leads and partner teams on identifying automation opportunities and actioning them. You will innovate the way we secure our infrastructure by designing, operating and building new security controls, or extending existing ones. Finally, you’ll have an opportunity to learn and mentor with experts across a wide range of InfoSec sub-disciplines, such as public key infrastructure, incident response, threats and vulnerability management, DevSecOps tooling, threat modeling, and bug hunting.
As an early InfoSec Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be an innovator and foundational member on the InfoSec team at Roblox. We are looking for smart people who work well with others who want to apply their passion for protecting communities to grow a leading-edge security program. Come join us in building the best trusted all-ages gaming and exchange platform.
- Passionate about security. You have the curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to secure the enterprise. You contribute to open source projects and engage with the infosec community in meaningful ways.
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways. You have excellent communication skills, using them to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs.
- An InfoSec generalist. You possess a breadth of knowledge and experience across the infrastructure security domain, such as endpoint security, SIEM, IDS, DDoS, identity management, vulnerability management, incident response, and threat intelligence.
- Deeply Technical. Whether it’s low-level packet analysis, reverse engineering, or dealing with log aggregation at scale, you have several areas of expertise in which you excel.
- Experienced in scripting. You are comfortable building security tools and managing infrastructure using a variety of tools. Everything from flinging packets across the network with Python/Scapy to writing Nmap NSE scripts, to building glue code for automatic report generation.
- Help to grow our vulnerability management program by performing timely analysis, troubleshooting false positives/negatives, validating scan results, and managing associated infrastructure.
- Help to grow our detection and response program by writing use-cases to create actionable alerting, building orchestration for automated response, and managing associated infrastructure.
- Align senior leadership and key stakeholders around information security best practices.
- Build dashboards and perform gap analysis to understand information security posture.
- Build operational monitoring use-cases by correlating data across disparate sources.
- Investigate and respond to security incidents with urgency, assertiveness, and a high degree of technical aptitude.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar