Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Studio Engineering Manager, you will lead and grow a team that is in charge of evolving Roblox Studio to a world-class IDE. Roblox Studio facilitates instant synchronization between game developers, enables multi-party script editing, and manages a cloud-based repository that serves a global audience. You and your team will be in charge of the design, end-to-end architecture, and implementation and delivery of the next generation Studio features and components.
- 8+ Years of experience with 2+ years of it being in management in developing and deploying complex software with intuitive user experience and a solid backend behind it. A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a similar technical field
- Experience with building complex UI products
- Proven track record of project management, technical leadership, and consistent feature delivery
- Proficient with industries, best practices and design patterns for building responsive front end user applications that serve global markets
- Passionate about leading by example and mentoring others to excel in coding practices
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Lead and grow an engineering team for Roblox Studio product line by cross-collaborating with product managers, designers, tech leads, and individual contributors
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution to expand the platform
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
- Mentor and coach both senior and junior engineers to strive for excellence to deliver their best and advance both business and career goal
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar