Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As 3D Character Artist for Avatar Reference and Experience, you will work with a team of talented artists and engineers to help produce new avatars and help manage the production from other artists. At the company the Avatar team focuses on creating the next generation of avatars, building a world class editor and enabling a thriving UGC catalog of assets for the Avatar. Your work, along with the rest of the team, will also help to inform and improve the pipeline.
- A 3D Character Artist with a BFA or equivalent and 5+ years of experience in the game industry
- Proficient with modeling within common 3D applications (Maya, Max, Blender is a plus) and industry standards for the character production pipeline in games
- A creative leader with experience in providing and communicating vision and critiques to contractors involved in asset production
- Accurate and precise with complex instructions, but also able to identify opportunities for improvement and efficiency in production
- Experienced with modern technologies commonly used for realistic characters (skinning, PBR, etc)
- Well versed in the full character creation pipeline, from previz to animation ready.
- Game industry animation experience is definitely a plus
- Knowledgeable of various industry standard engines (Unreal, Unity, etc), experience with proprietary engines is a plus
- Work with Art and Engineering leads to provide appropriate reference content, either internally or partnering with our existing vendors
- Push the limits of the current state of our engine and help expose points of improvement
- Create high quality, representative and shippable content
- Provide guidance to contractors and art houses to produce the models we need
- Communicating with engineering staff to help improve our current pipeline
- Assist with RnD projects within the Avatar team related to everything from new rendering methods, multishader support, texture composite systems to animation systems
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar