Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
WHY ASSESSMENT TOOLS?
The Assessment Tools team builds game-based cognitive assessments which are used to evaluate specific cognitive skills as part of the hiring process. Learning experts and game developers collaborate to create engaging and effective assessments. Working with this team will be a great fit for you if you’re intrigued by the intersection of psychology and games.
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Assessment Tools Team, you will work closely with learning experts and game developers to architect and build game systems, features, and tools in Roblox in service of assessing our users’ cognitive abilities. You will assist in building and maintaining a library of always-on experiences that are high-stakes for Roblox applicants, ensuring that we provide them with a stable, engaging, and effective assessment.
- A Full Stack Software Engineer who is capable of working across different languages
- Dedicated to writing readable, extensible, and testable code
- A technical leader that can translate requirements into scalable architecture and code
- Experienced with game engines like Roblox, Unity, Unreal Engine, etc
- A highly collaborative team member
- Curious with an interest in understanding the scientific side of cognitive assessment
- Collaborate with all disciplines to build cognitive assessments in Roblox Studio to run on the Roblox platform
- Architect and build systems and user facing features in support of building assessments
- Work closely with live-ops and the rest of the technical team to maintain a high-stakes, always-on product
- Mentor other engineers as well as non-technical team members
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar