Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Software Engineer - UI/UX, you will be crafting the foremost experience that millions of players engage with daily. You will code with a user-first mindset to create cutting-edge systems that make it easier for our dev community to bring their ideas to fruition. If you are an expert at UI and have a passion for creating inspiring, easily maintained code, you will be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing team.
- Experienced: You have 5+ years of experience as a front-end or client apps engineer working on complex user interfaces. You have experience working on large-scale consumer applications in React/Redux, React Native, iOS, Android, Windows, or Mac OS toolkits, and you hold a BS in Computer Science or above.
- Fascinated by UX: You love to build delightful user experiences for millions of users. You care about the little details that no one notices are there.
- Curious: You are excited to work on a new UI platform inspired by React and powered by the Roblox game engine. Learning new languages and technologies is exciting to you.
- Analytical: You love to understand how your users interact with your interface and use the findings to maximize their impact.
- Test-driven: TDD, and analytical problem solving is exciting to you.
- Adaptable: You are able to shift focus and enjoy working outside your comfort zone.
- Team-player: You work with and inspire others around you, driving projects for the greater team.
- Build and ship best-in-class features used by hundreds of millions of users.
- Work closely with Product and Design to ensure the product embodies the shared vision.
- Use best programming practices, optimizing code to be performant.
- Write and maintain unit, integration, and automated UI tests.
- Self-organize and take ownership of projects throughout their full lifecycle.
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to build the world’s best application.
- Write code in a myriad of languages including Lua, Objective-C, Java, and C++.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar