Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As the Tax Director, you will be the expert in charge of leading initiatives to support the company’s growth globally.
- An experienced professional with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MS in Tax or C.P.A. preferred
- 7+ years of corporate tax experience with public accounting firm and/or corporate tax department
- Possess an understanding of indirect taxes, tax mobility, and federal and state tax concepts
- An expert using Excel to maximize the efficiency and accuracy of tax processes and reconciliations.
- High attention to detail and can drive projects to completion in a deadline driven environment
- Can communicate sophisticated tax concepts in ways that are meaningful to non-tax professionals
- Reports to our VP, Corporate Controller
- Oversee all tax areas at Roblox including indirect taxes, direct taxes, property taxes, and tax return preparation
- Work closely with and direct the efforts of outside tax advisers
- Be a trusted advisor and able to identify new technical tax issues and process improvements for scalability and profitability.
- Oversee tax related internal controls
- Help with tax audits and respond to notices from tax authorities
- Research tax technical issues and lead special projects
- Contribute to the design and implementation of ongoing systems improvements and automated tools critical to future growth of the tax department
- Based in our San Mateo Headquarters
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar