Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Roblox, Principal Software Engineer, Social Connections, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that's building the future of play. Every month, over 160 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 30 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by an experienced community of 2 million creators.
As a Principal Software Engineer, Social Connections, you'll be in charge of our friending and sharing service architecture (friending, following, a social graph, friend recommendations, sharing in-game content, and more) that is used by our 200M+ monthly users. If you are an experienced developer with an understanding of large-scale systems, you'll be right at home within our experienced and growing social team.
- Experienced: You have 8+ years of experience working on core service oriented architecture with experience solving high concurrency issues. You own a BS in Computer Science, Masters are a definite plus.
- Intrepid: Scaling for multiple millions of concurrent users is exciting to you… You know it will take a lot to make it right, but you are impatient to get going...
- Knowledgeable: You understand aspects of designing highly available microservices.
- Versatile: you have mastered one or more object-oriented languages and technologies already; you can adapt to any situation when the need arises and come up with the right solution.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems and driving new tools/functionality for our developers
- Team: You know how to work with all participants to develop the best solutions.
- Build the next generation software to support Roblox's massive user growth, while supporting the existing systems that can already handle millions of concurrent users.
- Come up with great solutions while we're moving from service oriented architecture to containerized microservices model to grow to our ever increasing load.
- Always think about how we can improve our processes and structure to enforce quality while we iterate quickly on feature development.
- Work with product and design to push the boundary of what is possible.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar