Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Avatar Tools on the Avatar Reference & Experience team, you will make content creation easy for our developers & players. You’ll build tools that are intuitive and easy for new developers without sacrificing power and flexibility for game developer professionals. You’ll set a high bar for yourself and innovate far beyond the industry status quo to unlock film/AAA-level avatars for our millions of developers & players.
- Experienced: You’ve built content creation tools for games, film, or a related field for 5+ years. You know C++, algorithms, and data structures; Lua or Python expertise is a bonus. Experience working in proprietary game engines or film pipelines is a big plus.
- Knowledgeable: You understand modern real-time 3D engines, art tools, and pipelines used to build avatars, such as Unity, Unreal, Maya, Blender. You stay on top of new industry developments.
- User-Focused: passion and drive to go the extra mile to add the UX polish needed for top-tier simplicity and power. Experience using data and research to improve usability is a plus.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving problems and driving new tools/functionality innovation. You’re not at all satisfied with the industry status quo.
- Become an expert on Roblox Studio, our content creation tools, and avatar pipeline.
- Build new tools and overhaul existing tools to create new types of content for our Roblox Avatars at drastically higher quality.
- Take ownership of significant systems end-to-end, from initial spec development to deployment.
- Build prototypes to try out new ideas.
- Build high-quality shippable content to prove to yourself that your tools can hit your own high quality bar, then share it with developers as a starting point for their own work.
- Work closely with Tech Art, other Avatar teams, Rendering, and 3D Art/Design to drastically raise Roblox avatar quality & usability.
- Stay in close touch with our development community for feedback & ideas.
- Make a major impact on avatars used by millions of people today, and define the future of the Roblox metaverse.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar