Senior Software Engineer (Backend) - Developer Services Resources
San Mateo, CA
Backend Web Jobs All Jobs
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in the tech -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
The Developer Services - Resources team empowers Roblox to be the best development platform for creating 3D social experiences, enabling our creators to publish compelling content within the Roblox ecosystem. This includes services and solutions around the Talent Marketplace, Developer Hub, Developer Forum, and Creator Dashboard. You will create and own mission critical services in this cross-discipline team within the Roblox ecosystem.
- A seasoned backend engineer delivering projects at scale for at least 5 years
- A leader, driving high-impact projects that align with company vision and mission
- A team player, and love collaborating with others to push the boundaries
- Fluent with languages like C#, Java or Go
- Proficient with relational and non-relational databases like SQL Server, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Instrumental in implementing large-scale distributed microservices
- Experienced with Memcached, Redis, or other caching technologies
- Self-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Have a direct impact on the future of developer products and the growth of Roblox
- Lead engineering & development for the backend services and systems
- Build state-of-the-art systems that are ultra-scalable and resilient to failures
- Collaborate with product and design to push the boundary of what is possible
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar