Senior Product Manager - Analytics Platform
San Mateo, CA
Product Management Jobs All Jobs
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a member of the Roblox Platform Group, you have the unique chance to help define and build the next generation of Roblox’s engineering Data platform services.
This is not just any set of cloud services, though. You’ll be powering social, immersive experiences used by hundreds of millions of users around the world. You’ll help define and build products, features, and services that discover key insights into our users and our business. You’ll drive the strategy, vision, and roadmap of the data analytics platform used by your Roblox teammates to drive Roblox to the next level of growth.
How far can this go? We don’t know. We need you to help figure that out.
- A Product Manager with a history of juggling stakeholders, prioritizing features, and managing resources to deliver excellent products.
- Experienced, with 5-10 years of product management experience and a history of delivering and supporting scalable analytics services.
- Highly analytical, with a deep understanding of how data drives business at scale.
- Highly technical, with experience in Big Data Technologies, such as Hive, Spark, Kafka, and Airflow; Data Science Technologies, such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, SciKit, Jupyter Notebooks; and DevOps / MLOps Technologies, such as Kubernetes, Spinnaker, and Kubeflow. You can engage with Engineering beyond just product and user experience needs; you can help design scalable and extensible solutions and create detailed product specs.
- Visionary, excited to start with your customers’ needs, then push the envelope of what we can provide.
- An excellent communicator and documenter, with fantastic listening, verbal, and written communication skills. You have to be able to understand and express strategies, priorities, trade-offs, and tasks at the 30K-foot level and at the level of detailed technical specs.
- Entrepreneurial, having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch. You love to get things done.
- Organized, understanding that the best way to build something great is to coordinate the work of many people.
- Drive the vision of Roblox’s analytics platform as a product for internal data scientists, analysts, and engineers.
- Help build the processes around support, education, and documentation.
- Help identify, define, and prioritize the features, APIs, and services used to understand hundreds of millions of players around the world.
- Understand new trends and cutting edge technologies so you can ensure that we have the best tools in the world to power our data teams.
- Write product and technical specifications to communicate those features.
- Balance the needs of internal data scientists, engineering teams, business objectives, third-party experience creators, and Roblox players with the long-term vision of Roblox.
- Work closely with many passionate internal stakeholders, engineers, and product team members.
- Understand, influence, and communicate the product vision that is completely revolutionizing the way people play and connect with each other.
- Present and debate nuanced and difficult decisions with our highly engaged and visionary management.
- Dive into the technical nitty-gritty, helping make the right architectural decisions.
- Grow your career with the company Fast Company called the most innovative company in gaming.
- A degree in a highly technical field like computer science, software engineering, or similar experience.
- Experience product managing an analytics platform used by data scientists at huge scale.
- Experience managing the support model, documentation, and education around an API or analytics platform.
- Experience product managing a public facing analytics API or platform used by third-party data scientists at scale.
- Experience managing an ML platform used by third-party engineers or first-party engineers at scale.
- Experience as an engineer or engineering manager shipping an analytics platform at scale.
- Additional strong engineering background and skills
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
We are honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar