Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Engineering Manager - Native Foundation
As an Engineering Manager, Native Foundation, you'll be in charge of a team of native application engineers that collectively build out the architectural foundation that supports various product vertical teams to ship features across all the platforms we support today (iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Xbox) as well as any future platforms. As a critical part of what makes Roblox go, you will work closely with both internal stakeholders as well as external vendors such as Apple, Google, Microsoft and more. If you are an experienced technical leader with attention to architectural details and is motivated by building high performant and scalable application frameworks, you'll be right at home.
- A coach: 3+ years of management experience with an empathetic ear and experience maximizing team members' growth potential
- Organized: A master of Agile Methodology. Comfortable managing Jira backlogs and running Sprints to bring multiple parallel complex projects to completion
- Experienced: Prior working experience on various platforms including mobile, desktop, console, and VR
- Platform Oriented: Deliver long-term value and recognizing short-term solutions for what they are
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard people and technical problems. You engage well with Product and can navigate an organization to drive clarity and impact.
- Mentor engineers and team leads to make sure your team expertise grows over time.
- Partner closely with recruiting team to interview and hire new candidates
- Drive us toward architectural and functional parity across multiple platforms
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, product and design to enable native capabilities to support advance features.
- Be guided by our company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent us through expertise.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar