Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Roblox as a product and a company is growing fast. We've more than doubled our engineering team over the past 2 years, and are looking to double again. Our tremendous growth makes scaling the tools and processes supporting our fast-moving culture vital to Roblox's success.
- A fluent programmer in at least one common language (C#, Python, Java, Go, etc).
- Humble and empathetic.
- Maddened by inefficiency and averse to toil.
- Build highly reliable, resilient systems that are well documented and easy to support
- Make the tools that make Roblox engineering tick
- Work across the organization to meet complex developer needs.
- Streamline and simplify the flow of code from engineer's fingertips to production deploy.
- Foster an audacious, trust-based, constantly improving engineering culture.
- A BS in Computer Science (or equiv) + at least 3 years work experience.
- Built, shipped, monitored, and supported a tool or system used by other engineers at scale.
- Produced concise documentation, tutorials, or examples that were consumed by engineers.
- Researched, proposed, and implemented a new technology or process with measurable positive impact.
- Set up and administered common 3rd party and open source development tools
- Jenkins, TeamCity, GitHub, Perforce, Azure Devops, Artifactory, Nexus, NPM, Nuget, JIRA, Confluence, Grafana, Kibana
- Experience working with common cloud technologies
- Hashistack (Nomad, Terraform, Vault, etc), Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Azure
- Designed and optimized a toolchain other developers use to ship code
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar