Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Network Operations Engineer, you'll help us scale our global network infrastructure at a time of incredible growth for our business. At Roblox, you'll have boundless opportunities to shape the future of the Imagination Platform™ and demonstrate your passion for delivering thoughtful solutions in front of a global audience. If you know what it takes to develop large-scale network infrastructure that can sustain over five million concurrent players year-round and you take play as seriously as we do, you'll fit right into our highly experienced and ever-expanding engineering team.
- Experienced: You have a BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or related engineering field with 3+ years of experience supporting and managing a production network. You should also be familiar with PoP operations and deployment projects.
- A network troubleshooting connoisseur: You come ready for action wielding a wealth of Layer 1, 2 and 3 networking expertise. You can assess and evaluate networking issues on Windows, Linux, Juniper, Arista, F5 and others. You understand BGP, IS-IS, MPLS, RSVP-TE, VRRP, MACsec. You should also be enjoy working with carriers and facilities to troubleshoot issues from layer-1 to layer-7.
- An expert planner: you're always thinking two steps ahead; you have first-hand experience working with vendors to provide hardware and installation.
- Familiar with basic automation skills to plan out any project
- Develop the edge and backbone network infrastructure solutions to meet the large-scale and real-time requirements of our Imagination Platform™ to ensure our community has an thoughtful experience anywhere in the world.
- Develop basic automation tools to eliminate repetitive tasks and improve reliability in any programming environment.
- Identify problems, and prevent them from re-occurring through root cause analysis and automation.
- Create, influence, and improve the development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure the goal of scalability and high availability can be achieved.
- Work with a creative team and collaborators that are distributed throughout the globe.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for our infrastructure pieces around the globe.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar