Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
WHY DATA SCIENCE & ANALYTICS?
The Data Science & Analytics organization's mission is to increase our speed, frequency and acumen of making decisions at scale by instilling a data-influenced approach to building products. We cover a wide area of the data spectrum including analytical data engineering, product analytics, experimentation, causal inference, statistical modeling and machine learning. Aligned and partnering with product verticals, we use this tool belt to discover new opportunities and unmet use cases, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build data products and measure the impact on our community of players and developers.
WHY ROBLOX DEVELOPER RELATIONS?
The Roblox Developer Relations team's mission is to grow the number of developers creating high-quality content through versatile collaboration, support, and expertise. As a data scientist, you will be a key partner to our developer relations teams to shape the future of Roblox. You'll partner with data scientists, community managers, product managers, engineers and leaders across the company to better understand our creators, amplify the community voice through data, and accelerate creator growth by finding opportunities and insights in the data. You will be creating strategic analysis, performing ad hoc analysis, creating dashboards, defining KPIs and designing A/B experiments.
- Passionate about data. You have the curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data. You have a degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other relevant field.
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and participate in spirited discussions about the findings. You have the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs.
- A capable statistician. You understand the value of characterizing data by its distribution. Covariance, Bias, and Conditional Probability are concepts that you rely on every day.
- An expert transforming data with SQL and a scripting language such as Python or R. You're experienced in automating efforts and crunching massive volumes of data using big data frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop or Flink.
- Excited about free, scalable coding education. You are excited by the opportunity to engage millions of children and youth in learning programming through play. You enjoy thinking about the levers to engage more players to become developers.
- Accelerate product development through your understanding of the underlying data and your ability to partner with product and technical leaders to provide insights that drive growth.
- Access raw data, and then transform it, analyze it, and render it in a compelling way--all using a custom analytics tool kit built from state-of-the-art open-source libraries.
- Build dashboards to understand root causes of changes in metrics.
- Evaluate A/B experiments to determine success of product feature launches.
- Understand how Developer Relations plays a role in creating great experiences on the platform and improve its structure and programs accordingly to accelerate creator velocity.
- 2+ years of industry experience in analytics
- 2+ years of experience using big data query/processing languages such as SQL, Hive or Spark to transform/manipulate very large datasets
- 1+ years of experience in one or more scripting languages such as Python or R
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other technical field
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other technical field
- 2+ years of industry experience in analytics focused on enhancing products and discovering opportunities
- 2+ years of experience in fast-paced environment or fast growing company, such as the tech sector or management consulting
- Experience working with infrastructure teams and content platforms, particularly user-generated content
- Ability to communicate analytics results and data storytelling to influence product teams and leaders
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar