Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
The Matchmaking team's mission is to:
- Provide the best player experience by choosing the best game possible
- Handle game orchestration by ensuring optimal performance across Roblox worldwide data centers
As a Principal Software Engineer with the Matchmaking team, you'll have independence, and the opportunity to build and own end-to-end mission critical services within the Roblox ecosystem.
Here are a few quick highlights of how we impact Roblox:
- Matchmaking Decisions - Selecting the best game server possible for every play request is a o(n²) problem. The system currently supports several millions of concurrent players. We need YOU to raise that bar even higher!
- The game orchestration system handles games spread across data centers distributed all over the world, which are growing rapidly to support Roblox' terrific growth.
Here are a few things we will work on together:
- To achieve the best player experience possible, you'll lead experimentation, data-driven projects and partner closely with data teammates. You'll also work on our new Machine Learning prediction system to continuously improve the quality of the matchmaking decision.
- You'll help create the next generation of the Matchmaking system, built to scale up to 1B monthly active users. This distributed system will be highly available and support up to 1M QPS.
- Someone that likes to figure things out
- Someone that has architected, designed, and developed a wide-array of software products.
- An expert in building highly available distributed systems, and familiar with NoSQL/NewSQL systems.
- Knowledgeable with REST, API design patterns, and scalable containerized systems and microservices.
- Has previous experience with building Machine Learning systems.
- A Computer-Science graduate or MS graduate
- Someone with 7+ years of experience
Equal employment opportunity statement below...
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar