Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Rendering Automation Engineer, you will develop mission-critical build tools for the Roblox Game Engine Team. Using the tools that you and your team develop, you will support all phases of the software life-cycle - including multi-platform build systems, continuous integration, crash reporting, code coverage, and analysis tools, and test environments. If you have a passion for delivering productivity and efficiency with state-of-the-art development tools, you'll be right at home within our experienced and growing Client and Game Engine Development Team.
- Experienced in managing build tools for engineering teams of 15 or more. You also have at least 5 years of professional experience backed by a Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
- Background using programming languages such as C++, C#, Node.js, and Java, and scripting languages including Python, Bash, and PowerShell.
- Proficient in version control (Git preferred), continuous integration, and multi-platform development environments
- Familiar with static analysis and code coverage tools
- Dedicated to optimizing full cycle engineering development pipelines
- Develop automation tools for our production release process - delivering game play to millions of concurrent players
- Maintain and improve code analysis, build and release tools
- Integrate code analysis and quality metrics tools
- Customize our continuous integration system to work with a growing team
- Improve integration between version control, build and incident tracking tools
- Work with the team to improve overall build process reliability and scalability
- Upgrade and maintain current production deployment systems
- Provide ongoing support for the code development life-cycle
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar