Senior Data Engineer - Growth Acquisition & Activation
San Mateo, CA
Engineering Jobs All Jobs
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As the lead data engineer on the Growth Acquisition & Activation team, you will build and manage the data pipelines that power our user acquisition and retention efforts for our next generation of Roblox users. You will work with partners from Growth Marketing and data science to build a scalable set of pipelines that form the basis of our paid user acquisition efforts. You will translate business requirements into performant data models for Multi-Terabyte data sets. You will also establish the ETLs and backend systems to help personalize the first time user experience for our new users. This role reports to the Engineering Manager on the growth team.
- Proficient in SQL and at least one programming language (Python is ideal)
- Experienced Data Engineer
- 5+ years of professional experience working with scalable ETL pipelines on industry standard ETL orchestration tools (eg - Airflow, Luigi, AWS Step Functions)
- Experience working in the Hadoop Data Ecosystem for data processing.
- Experience with at least one major cloud's suite of offerings (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- (Preferred) Experience with growth marketing programs or user acquisition channel level expertise.
- Familiarity with growth marketing metrics, KPI's, and dashboards
- Understanding of different marketing attribution logics with experience making recommendations to enhance models.
- Partner with growth marketing, data science, engineering and our external partners to collect data requirements needed to establish foundational data pipelines.
- Architect ETL pipelines to grow and extend our user acquisition efforts.
- Scale data flows that improve acquisition and first time user experience on the platform
- Shape the next generation of patterns and technologies used at Roblox
- Manage writing unit and integration tests
- Identify and resolve performance issues
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar