Principal Product Manager: Roblox Marketplace
San Mateo, CA
Product Management Jobs All Jobs
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Principal Product Manager on the Roblox Marketplace Team, you have the unique opportunity to help define and build the systems and tools to empower generations of creators on the platform to craft, market, and sell their creations to millions of fellow Robloxians.
The Roblox Marketplace is a fascinating and unique set of capabilities for creators and users that strives to help everyone realize their identity regardless of whether they love customizing their avatar or really just want to be a walking trophy case for the games they love and whether they have money to spend or none at all. We’re designing and refining systems that support that vibrant community, and we need someone to blaze those trails with us.
- A Product Manager with a history of juggling stakeholders, prioritizing features, and managing resources to deliver excellent products.
- Experienced, with 5-10 years of product management experience delivering and supporting marketplaces
- Visionary, excited to start with your creator and player customers’ needs, then push the envelope of what we can provide.
- Highly technical, with experience in building marketplace systems from conception through release. You can engage with Engineering beyond just product and user experience needs; you can help design scalable and extensible solutions and create detailed product specs.
- An excellent communicator and documenter, with fantastic listening, verbal, and written communication skills. You have to be able to understand and express strategies, priorities, trade-offs, and tasks at the 30K-foot level and at the level of detailed technical specs.
- Entrepreneurial, having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch. You love to get things done.
- Organized, understanding that the best way to build something great is to coordinate the work of many people.
- Drive the vision of the economic systems that comprise Roblox’s Marketplace
- Help identify, define, and prioritize the features, APIs, and services used to power features that engage hundreds of millions of players and creators around the world.
- Write product and technical specifications to communicate those features.
- Balance the needs of internal engineering teams, business objectives, third-party experience creators, and Roblox players with the long-term vision of Roblox.
- Work closely with many passionate internal stakeholders, engineers, and product team members.
- Understand, influence, and communicate the product vision that is completely revolutionizing the way people play.
- Present and debate nuanced and difficult decisions with our highly engaged and visionary management.
- Dive into the technical nitty-gritty, helping make the right decisions on a platform that is shipping across every major consumer platform.
- Monitor analytics, KPIs, AB testing results, competitive intelligence, customer behavior, etc. to help make the right business decisions.
- Grow your career with the company Fast Company called the most innovative company in gaming.
WHY ROBLOX MARKETPLACE?
The Roblox Marketplace is a key piece of the Roblox experience, supporting the players’ metaverse identity and personalization. The marketplace is also a key opportunity for the robust community of Roblox creators to display their creativity and skill as well as earning a living through their creations.
As a senior product manager on the Marketplace team, you will define and shepherd key platform systems that promote a healthy, robust, and egalitarian creator ecosystem and economy. You will get hands on with our community, understand their needs and work closely with the engineers and data scientists on the team to give creators the tools they need to succeed.
- 5+ years of experience working in a product manager or similar role
- A degree in a highly numerical/technical field like computer science, applied mathematics, economics, or similar.
- Experience with online marketplaces
- Experience defining new economic systems/mechanics and driving them end-to-end through to users.
- 10+ years of experience working in a product manager or similar role
- Experience with marketplaces that sell virtual goods, ideally related to user identity/avatars
- Experience with experiences/products that are engaged with by a diverse audience, including under 13 users.
- Experience in data science and hands on market analytics
- Experience with marketplaces that cater to both spenders and non-spenders
- Strong engineering background and skills
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar