Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Commerce platform team, you will be responsible for the scale and security of all things virtual economy and real world money at Roblox, from purchasing and selling virtual items to the real time bidding of advertising slots. The Commerce platform team maintains the base tooling that powers a virtual marketplace that handles millions of transactions a day. The team provides the infrastructure and statistics to empower developers to monetize their games, with our developers earning hundreds of millions of dollars each year. This position is to scale our distributed systems and maintain a safe and secure economy.
- Someone that has architected, designed, and developed a wide-array of software products.
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code.
- Passionate about working on a large scale, consumer-facing mobile and web applications.
- Knowledgeable with REST, API design patterns, and scalable containerized systems and microservices.
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through.
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution.
- Data-driven with an ability to deliver quality metrics and monitoring.
- 7+ years of experience.
- Have a direct impact on the future direction of the largest social platform for play, delivering groundbreaking solutions that will enable our development teams to localize Roblox for a global community of over 160 million monthly active players.
- Develop services by which our community of creators on the platform can internationalize their games, whether manually, crowdsourced, or automatically via machine translation.
- Build core internationalization and localization tools and infrastructure, which will be used by all engineering teams within Roblox.
- Design and build backend services to handle real-time machine translation of user communication.
- Serve as a tech lead for the team and mentor junior engineers.
- Play an active role in recruiting future talent for the team.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar